I picked up some of the best music in 2006 (at least I think so). Instead of doing the work I’m supposed to be doing, I’m giving you this list (not necessarily in order of goodness).
1. Josh Ritter, The Animal Years.
2. Jeffrey Foucault, Ghost Repeater.
3. Over the Rhine, Snow Angels.
4. Sufjan Stevens, Songs for Christmas.
5. Sufjan Stevens, The Avalanche.
6. Ray LaMontagne, Till the Sun Turns Black.
7. Bob Dylan, Modern Times.
8. Pigeon John, Pigeon John and the Summertime Pool Party.
9. Damien Jurado, And Now That I’m In Your Shadow.
10. Woven Hand, Mosaic.
And one I’m sure would be on here, only I don’t have it yet:
mewithoutYou, Brother, Sister.
I’d be glad to hear yours.